Friday, March 26, 2010

"Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" Love it or Hate it?


LOVE IT! I love this show. Jamie Oliver is this English Chef who has come to America's most unhealthiest city and is challenging the community to change their eating habits.
The show is full of shocking events such as the fact that the children seem to know NOTHING about veggetable's, would still it a chicken nugget after seeing how it was made, and choose processed foods over fresh foods. BUT, out of all the shocking things, what shocked me the most was the fact the kids didnt even know how to use a knife and fork because it is not allowed in the school.
The lunch ladies seem horrid, and no matter how much Jamie stands up for them they hate him. They don't appreciate anything that he is trying to do. Also, they seem to have an attitude with everything he comes up with.
This show is a win, and I cant wait to see the rest of the season. A couple of years ago I had a project for health class on Children's Nutrition, and I did a project with the triplets in my classroom. They did awesome, and after seeing how much kids dont know about nutrition I have decided I am going to do it again with my new group of kids next week.

Check out the show on ABC.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched it yet. I recorded it earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it, major eye opener, and I feel like he is really wanting to change people, not just make a tv show

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! I missed it and I wanted to see it! ABC rebroadcasts a lot, though.

    I have a 16-year-old son and we eat most of our meals--which I cook--at home. He eats veggies and fruits. Over the years, he's had friends over that could not even identify a common vegetable. Too much Mickie D's.

    Jamie is doing a great thing, if parents would only listen....

    Thanks for the critique on the show. I must see it.

    ReplyDelete