Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yoga-er...YOGO!



So last night I went to a yoga class at my gym for the first time. The class is called Cyntergy, which is a combination of yoga and pilates...I was looking to have a relaxing, calming hour along with a couple of stretches- Pssh...YEAH RIGHT! So much harder than it looked, but surprisingly, I completely enjoyed it! While I looked around the room, all of the women made it look so effortless, as I was swallowing in sweat...
However, after a couple of stops to reposition my body, I finally got into the groove. Once we finished, with the hard stuff we did a couple of really relaxing moves. Although I was really sore today, in muscles I did not even know I had, I am really looking forward to going back next week....

Today I was talking to a parent at the day care about my experience and one of my lovely 3 yr olds over heard. When I came back into the classroom they started to ask me what "YOGO" was. I tried to explain it to them, but unfortunately, they demanded I show them my new moves...it was a show to say the least.
We worked on the "downward dog" and the "warrior pose" afterwards we got the scarves out and did some relaxing movements, it was too cute. I have decided to go look up childrens yoga moves on youtube.
All in all it was a great experience and I cannot wait to continue into my routine...both Yoga and Yogo...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Skinnyme,

    I saw your comment on Lisa's post and took it as an open invitation to stop by.

    Good for you, getting a grip on this issue at such an early age. Let me just say--from experience--you do not want to look back and realize how excess weight was a limiting factor in your life.

    You've had some great success already. Stay with your plan, and I'll encourage you, too! No matter what our age, we all need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl....

    Thanks for swinging by my blog. Yoga is harder than it looks. I think I'm to high strung for yoga..lol.

    Anyhow, I look forward to following your journey...

    I see your from GA...I'm in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both you guys! I enjoy reading others blogs to see what they are doing differently and what I can add to my new lifestyle! It is so challenging at times, I am just proud of myself for actually wanting the change now! I wish it had come sooner! Thanks for your support!!

    ReplyDelete