Saturday, October 9, 2010

Awesome Updates- Been Awhile, I Know




Hey readers! I know it has been awhile, but school kicked in and then I was training for my first 5k, just didn't have a moment to blog! But I am back now!

First 5k~
My mom was diagnosed with diabetes when she was about 16 years old. She is type 1 and on a pump. I heard about a Diabetes Awareness Event in Savannah, Ga, called Sunsplash, there are three races: Kayaking, Cycling, and a 5k. I thought it would be an awesome experience for me and my family to do together. We raised over $1,000 and I ran my first 5k in 27 minutes, which I was proud of!

That's me, my brother Forrest, and Dottie, my mom, at Sunsplash, we made shirts that said "Team Dottie" on the back, I drew our logo to put on the shirts. If you want to know more about the Diabetic Association you can go to: americandiabeticassociation.org

*weight loss*
UGH! I'M SITTING AT -70 lbs for about 2 months now! I completely changed my routine in the gym but I'm still sitting at that darn number! However, I have still gone down another dress size, I am hoping that the stand still is just because of muscle gain and not because I'm not doing enough! One of my friends got married last weekend and it was awesome to be in a dress that was below size 18! Size 16 was my dress size that was even taken in, the last time I was a bridesmaid, it was a size 24...so I wore that 16 with pride.


*what's next*
THE LOVE CLEANSE
One of my favorite people to follow on twitter is: @thesinglewoman. She has a blog as well that I read time to time at: http://www.examiner.com/single-women-in-nashville/mandy-hale. Her name is Mandy Hale and she is a huge inspiration to me. She recently wrote a blog about closing a book on a former relationship and about doing this thing called "The Love Cleanse". Not only is it about freeing yourself from past relationships and moving on, but also about finding yourself and becoming a newer, better, healthier you. I'm pretty excited to give it a try! You can read more about it at this link: http://www.examiner.com/single-women-in-nashville/the-time-of-my-life.

Quote of the Month: "It's a very simple method: Don't eat like that, work out like this, push yourself harder, make good choices and you will succeed"-Tough love for myself from myself

5 comments:

  1. I have to say that I really love the title of your post. Everyone always asks me "how the diet is going" and I've gotten tired of explaining to them that I'm not dieting, I'm changing how I experience food - permanently.

    My boyfriend will still say things like "You can eat that after you're done dieting" and I keep telling him "No, this is permanent. Once I'm over fat I'm not coming back to it, ever."

    I firmly applaud you for recognizing and embracing the knowledge that diets lead to temporary loss but true change lasts forever. You look amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5K! I suck at running but that will be my next challenge. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my first blog and yours is the first one i've read, and I really enjoyed reading it! Congratulations on your weight loss and the new improved you! I'm beginning my journey and I have already gained some inspiration from you! So thank you. I've just written one blog so far, i'm trying to figure this all out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say on my last message how beautiful I think you are...keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete