Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weigh In for Month 5 is with Praise! and a lil sadness


I weighed in at the Doctor this week and have lost an additional 13 lbs which makes me at 54! While I am very excited to have this number rise, I received a disturbing phone call back from the doctor (after some blood work)in which they stated that even though I have lost weight they are not impressed with my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides. They are concerned about the condition of my heart and want to start me on medication (normally used by diabetics). Not gonna lie, this freaked me out.

I started this whole thing, not to be 120 or fit into a size 6 but to be healthy. You can be whatever size in the world, but if your not healthy, then it does nothing. It was a huge blow to my inspiration to hear that what I thought I was doing is not enough. I have 3 months to try to better the numbers where they should be on my own, if not, then I start the medication to see where it takes me. Obviously, since I have lost weight my numbers are down, but not what they want. Needing Prayers and Inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job on the past month! So impressed and you look great!!

    Keep your chin up and continue what you're doing! Here's hoping that you'll have a better appointment the next time you go in. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete