Monday, May 10, 2010

Training Help!


So recently I have set a new goal for myself to run/walk (mainly run) in a 5k race. The race is in September in Savannah and is a Diabetes Race. My mom was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 16 (which means she is insulin dependent and has to be on a pump). So far, on a treadmill, I can run a mile and a half without stopping, which is about half a 5k.



Problems?

The treadmill isn't the same as running outside! I can barely do a full mile! Does anyone have suggestions?!? I know with practice I'll make progress but I just kind of feel over whelmed!

Shoes?!

Has anyone tried those Reebok Easy Tones? I really want to try a pair as my every day tennis shoes, they are cute and I am wondering if they will help tone my legs. I am not sure how they are for working out though?!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry i'm not a runner, maybe one day :)
    I have looked at those reebok shoes and wondered if they'd be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure the treadmill is set for an incline so it will simulate the uneven ground outside.
    I think that makes a big difference.

    Keep at it! I think it's a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even made that connection Genie THANKS!

    ReplyDelete