Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Kicking" my Butt (literally)


Since January 7, I have been attending a kick boxing class...Mr. Willie is ROUGH! He does play around for anything. He really pushes us to do our best. When we slack or seem to just not be getting it he comes over to help us out. I enjoy this class so much that I wish I could go every day, sadly it is only taught on Thursdays at my gym. During his one hour routine we do a series of steps, kicks, punches, and jumping. It is a killer cardio workout.
What do I do on the days I'm not "swinging like a butterfly"?
One hour and a half of cardio...I have started with 30 minutes on an eliptical and the land on a treadmill for an hour. Once on the treadmill I walk quickly, jog, run, jog, then walk for the first 30. After that I hit the incline to a 10 and walk at a slower speed up hill for about 15 mins. The rest of my hour is spent just walking at a good pace until I do a 5 min. cool down...I have not added weight lifting to my routine just because I really want to loose weight first and then gain muscle, is that bad? So far its working out for me, I am slowly becoming a "gymaholic".

No comments:

Post a Comment